Monday, February 25, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now...






Notice anything different? Yes, glasses! A few weeks ago Max's teacher emailed me and told me Max was having difficulty seeing the front of the classroom. I have always known with my eyesight as bad as it is, our kids were doomed! After I picked up Max from school, I began asking him to read signs and realized something I hadn't before...he really couldn't see!

Immediately, the guilt set in. All the times I'd frustrated myself for telling him over and over to not sit too close to the TV...I had probably frustrated him because he couldn't see it! Telling time should be a milestone for a 2nd grader, and expected from such a excellent student. For Max, telling time on paper, no problem! The clock on the wall...forget it, he couldn't see it! Who knew?

Mom: "Max, how long have you had trouble seeing things far away?"

Max: "Awhile."

Mom: "How come you didn't tell me?"

Max: "I don't know."

Mom: Sigh, hug, love, a little more guilt.



Today is another story because today, Max and I went to pick up his glasses! He was a totally different kid as soon as he put them on. He looked out the window at the Doctor's Office and whispered, "I can see that sign over there, Wow!" His cheeks turned rosy red and I could see his excitement build! He looked here, there, and everywhere, with his eyes twinkling! Is was amazing to witness. The ride home was fun. I was quizzing him to see what he could now read. It is amazing how much he couldn't see. I still live with the guilt (by nature), but I am so excited for him...He can see it all!

Doesn't he look great?

6 comments:

Jodie and the boys said...

Love the blog! We're excited to keep up with the Reyes'! It's amazing how much difference glasses can make!

pdcardon said...

Max looks very handsome in those glasses! I had to wear glasses since I was 4, and look how good I turned out...

We miss you guys!

Paul (and fam...)

Jeanette and Dave said...

Max is handsome no matter what he's wearing. The glasses add a nice touch and it must be great to see everything. Great blogging!

Anonymous said...

max, girls always love a good lookin' smart guy. too bad you're a good lookin' smart alick! hahah!

Eliza said...

I agree Max you are SUPER handsome. I always wanted glasses but I never needed them. I still very much hope for some future vision problems.

Anonymous said...

Max, great picture. You look even smarter in your way cool glasses. I use to wear glasses to. yours are much nicer than the ones I used to wear. Talk to you later.

From your favorite aunt Yesenia, love you