Thursday, July 10, 2008

Brace Yourselves.

Because Sam is such an easy going baby, I often will lay him down for a nap and listen to him babble, laugh and play for 10-20 minutes before he falls asleep. For some reason today, I decided to check on him and what I found was quite a sight.

First...naked baby standing up with a big drooly grin. Happy. Naked. Cute. Until I walked closer. The smell hit me and then I looked in the crib. From the trail of evidence I have concluded that he started to poop in his diaper then took it off, continued pooping and played in it.

I know. Gross. Disgusting. A bath followed the cries of "Oh, Sam!" and "Max, HELP!"

And I actually thought wearing only a diaper would be a good idea. Good for staying cool in the heat, but not so good for conserving energy, as I have spent hours of added laundry to my day!

Oh my goodness...excuse me while I change another explosion!!!! I think we may have a problem here...

13 comments:

Rosalyn said...

I know people who have had to duct tape the diaper on their child. They were usually a little older than Sam. Boy do you have your hands full.

Anonymous said...

babesterlj@hotmail.com

Maggie said...

Jen, I feel your pain. I have had the same experience. Before I became a mom I really had no idea how much poop I would actually have to touch in my lifetime. Ugggghhh.

Eliza said...

This is one of Morgan's favorite games to play. I am really trying hard to stress how much I am not happy with this game. There is nothing worse that cleaning poop of the blinds, cribe, floor and baby in the middle of the afternoon. YUCK!!

Jeanette and Dave said...

Sam is way too young to be having so much fun! oooeewww!

Anonymous said...

Sam's what, 8 months old? Wow, good luck to you. I guess I was lucky my boys liked wearing their diaper and didn't mind if it was messy! I had to chase them down to change it!

Anonymous said...

k, jen. when i was in ecuador we'd walk into a room full of cribs and they would have their cloth diapers FULL- after taking off their onesie (that we had to put on backwards so they wouldn't take them off) we found them digging through their full diapers...ugh, i feel your pain mama, i feel it.

The Ball Family said...

I just started a new blog and found you and 1/2 the ward!! I had to laugh at your story because I have been there!

Unknown said...

Brace Yourselves is not a sufficient content warning for that!

Anonymous said...

i love that my dad follows your blog...

Cyndy and George said...

Ok Jen... I can't take it any longer COME BACK TO BLOGGING! I miss your posts!

Piano Mom said...

Jen, Are you still there? Is everything ok? I miss seeing your updates. I hope you are well. By the way, I met your dad a couple of weeks ago. What a nice guy.

Anonymous said...

new blog please....happy birthday tomorrow! yay JEN!