Saturday, November 15, 2008

No Laughing Matter.

Two years ago...
Leon and I were at home watching a movie together.
I was on the couch.
He was on the floor.

When the movie was over, 
and we started to stretch,
Leon got stuck.

His back went out while on all fours.
Pain.
I asked him what to do.
Then I laughed.
(this is a nervous habit of mine)

Angrily he said, "Just leave me alone!"
So I did.
I turned off all the lights and said "Good Night!" 
Then I skipped off to bed.

A few minutes later, I returned.
Leon was not amused and so I gave up my attempt to heal with humor.
Eventually he got up, recovered and forgave me.

Lately, I have been experiencing serious pain in my legs.
It has been debilitating and excruciating.
He has taken on all of my responsibilities and more.
He even cooked his own birthday dinner.

I can never express enough gratitude for his
willingness to work hard no matter what the task.
In this case, he is caretaker to our boys and me all while 
making enough money for our comfort and survival.

I love him more than ever.
For the future...
I can't promise I am capable of controlling my giggles,
but I am capable of serving with sincerity.







4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Wow how scary! Do you know what is wrong and what caused it? I hope you are feeling better real soon.

Jessica Hughes said...

O so sweet! Pain that is no laughing matter it's funny when it's not you. Sorry to hear you in pain again.

Anonymous said...

That nervous laugh runs in the family, and yes it can get you into trouble. What's this about you being in pain? Have you seen a doctor about it? I'm only taking 1 class and will be done the begining of Dec. If you need any extra help let me know! I'm not that far away. XOXO

P.S. I always knew Leon was a keeper!

Anonymous said...

i love the nervous giggle, leon ticked, and the Karma...see you at christmas!ho ho ho