Friday, November 28, 2008

Speaking of Leftovers...

As we all know, not everything is as appetizing the second time around. The number one on the list for me has always been mashed potatoes. They just taste yucko. This is a shame because they take some patience with the peeling and cutting and water boiling and spilling over, ugh. Well here is the solution...wait, those of you who have mounds of uneaten potatoes wasting away in the fridge, don't hate me that I didn't share this a week ago....remember, Christmas dinner! Roast with mashed potatoes and gravy. There is still time. Here you go...and to those of you who already know this, you probably have other tips just as tasty, so be sure to pass them on to the rest of us suffering without your wisdom!

The secret ingredient is...

CREAM CHEESE!

(could you feel the "Iron Chef" like intensity of my reveal?!!)

A block of cream cheese cut up and mashed into some warm russets or reds whatever your preference, is simply creamy yumminess! Oh, and if you make them ahead of time, keep them warm in your crock pot. My friends, what will you do with all of this time you just saved? A little Christmas shopping? Yeah, me too!

2 comments:

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

LOL you are so funny. It is so true though, there always seems to be a ton of mashed potatoes leftover. And it never gets eaten. That is totally good to know. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip Jen! I usually put them in a glass bowl and set on top of a pan with boiling water. (Like a double boiler.) Just keep the water simmering and keep stirring if they get to dry just add a litter more cream. (I make my potates with cream.) Saw this on Martha Stewart awhile back.