Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Zachary Thomas Reyes




On Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 7:30 am I anxiously lay in the hospital bed waiting for our doctor. We knew the plan, I was there to be induced. I was anxious because it seemed like just yesterday that Sam came to us in the same way and it was the most draining experience...emotionally and physically. When the doctor walked in, he was calm and smiles. I felt ease.

According to our beloved doc, there is no award for being without pain medication and so I was on my way to having the infamous epidural. After some pitocin, I began feeling contractions...the great thing about this epidural was that I could feel enough but not too much. It was just what I wanted!

By 11:50 it was intense and my nurse came in to check on me for the first time. Her reaction was something like...

WAIT...STOP...DON'T DO ANYTHING!

30 minutes and 2 pushes later, Zac was here! 8 pounds 10 ounces and 20 inches. It was the kind of labor that makes you want to have another baby immediately. My only explanation is that only the Lord could know that with a busy boy like Sam waiting at home, I need it to be a little easier this time around!

So far...
He cries if he's hungry. He nuzzles and snuggles and melts my heart. He sleeps all day and is up all night. He is not the slightest bothered by all the noise. He is a perfect fit.

We are in love.






11 comments:

Jodie and the boys said...

Love, love, love him already!! Congratulations!

Rhonda said...

What another beautiful baby boy to add to your beautiful family. I am so happy for you!

The Ball Family said...

He is absolutely adorable! I am glad that your labor went so well. Congratulations!!!

Jeanette and Dave said...

Congrats!! Finally...a picture and you both look great. Can't wait to see Zachary in person.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you, Jen! You certainly deserve this. You are a great mom and Zac is a lucky kid. I can't wait to meet him!!! Hugs and kisses to everyone -Leah

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

Oh Jen, he is so precious! I just love the photo you posted. Such a beautiful baby. From the picture, he looks alot like Max to me. So happy for your little family.

Becky said...

He is sooooo cute Jen! Congratulations! I can't wait to see more of him!

Jenn Kirk said...

Oh Jen, SO happy for you! What a sweet little boy -- newborns are so, so special. And hello! Way to go with labor. Two pushes? You're pro.

Jenn said...

YAY! That's so fantastic. And WOW! Look at all that hair! Were your other boys the same way?

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Congratulations again Jen! He is so handsome, and looks like a cuddle bug. I am so happy for you guys. ((HUGS))

Jessica Hughes said...

Jenn congrats to Leon and You. Happy boys Im sure sam and max are lovin a 3 boy. Cute name love it.