Sunday, June 15, 2008

Who's the Boss?

Today I heard something really cute...

When I was a kid, my Dad was the Boss.
Now that I'm the Dad, my kid is the Boss.
When do I become the Boss?

It's Fathers Day and it has been quite eventful!

It started with our Air Conditioner going out (it does that on holidays and Sundays, so does our plumbing).

I made french toast and yogurt with blueberries and honey...because today is the day when I cook breakfast for breakfast, other times it's for dinner.

Sam whacked his head and I MEAN WHACKED it on the changing table! It was heartbreaking and horrible.

Max and I made a Marshmallow Gun for Trevor, but remembered we don't buy marshmallows. Blueberries aren't the same and CANNOT be shot at each other because they WILL STAIN!!!! Later my parents are bringing some...stale but they should shoot just the same!



Max's gift to Leon was an afternoon of "Pitch and Put". Max's treat! The funniest part...it's free to pitch and put at the golf course! Here is a cute picture we took today of Max dressed up like Dad...one day he will fill these shoes and pants and it will be bittersweet.

Many Happy Father's Day wishes to all of the Dads we know and love...so many who are wonderful hard working men who honor their families and live their lives with integrity and loyalty! Especially to Leon, who even lets me sometimes get away with being the "Boss".

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

Jen, I sure enjoy reading your blog. I think the world of you and your adorable family. I still laught at the photo of the orange baby food all over Sam's face! I had to show it to Clark.

Eliza said...

Jen my California vacation is quickly coming to an end. I just wanted to say thank you for hanging out with me for the day. I really loved catching up with you and meeting your two boys. Happy be-lated Father's Day to Leon. You have an amazing family which must say alot about you! In just a couple very short days my "real life" must resume which of course means I am back to my cyber life as well including blogging.

Jen said...

Liza, Max woke up the next morning BEGGING me to go to Bakersfield again! I still feel there was so much more to catch up on, hopefully we will visit again soon...even if it's through our blogs, email, or phone!
Thank you and your family for welcoming us for the whole day! It was great!

Raeanna said...

I love the family picture at the top! Jen you look great in that color and it is a great picture of all of you! We miss you guys!