Monday, September 8, 2008

Guilty Pleasures.

In case you ever wanted/needed to know I have a few guilty pleasures. One of them is OPRAH. I am not a big TV watcher, but I love me some Oprah. I especially love to hear her say, "All New" and today is just that!!

What I can't wait to see is if she is still curvy Oprah or not. I like curvy Oprah. I like it when curvy Oprah was getting a little more curvy than usually and just finally admitted that she likes real food. Wasn't that liberating? Poor Dr. Oz and Bob Greene, they were probably furious with her, but I love it!

I respect her search for personal growth and well being, although I did give an eye roll when she did her Vegan Cleanse at the end of last season. "Here we go again," was my take on that. Dairy=another guilty pleasure. I am far from joining the Vegans.

One sure bet, politics will be on the agenda (Obama). Probably a good book or two. Definitely Dr. Oz with his know-it-all body science. Someone to motivate us all to be do gooders. Any more predictions out there?

5 comments:

Cyndy and George said...

What about the big Oprah give away? Will it be a car to everyone in the audience?

Anonymous said...

I don't watch OPRAH very often, but when I do, her show is covering a subject that I am personaly going through or know of someone who is: or a subject I was wondering about. I quit reading any of the books she suggets, as for awhile there they were sooooo depressing! I decided to ask my Mom what book she is reading for her book club. As for having Obama on, I heard on the radio the other day that she will not be having any of the canidates on. She had Obama on before he was popular because she thought he was an interesting person. I think she is very aware of her influence on the public and doesn't want to use her show for that(political) platform. I think she uses her show and influence to help others.

The Sampietro's said...

I HATE OPRAH...but I love you!!! Sorry:) I will say...I would take her free stuff!

Anonymous said...

i spy leon fixing a flat tire on 198...baha, i could only imagine the story behind that.

Laura Lee said...

Someone tell me her new book club book isn't all about dogs! I'm ready for a good read, but am still recovering from "All Creatures Great and Small!"