Monday, February 16, 2009

1989...we meet again.

When I was in 6th grade I had a major crush.

This is a little embarrassing.  No, very embarrassing.  But here goes...

It was very unlikely that the boy I had this infatuation with even knew of my existence. 

And everyone knew it.  

There was no chance with him.  

Even my parents knew it.  

It must have been painful for my mom to break it to me because she didn't.

In fact she did just the opposite.

She encouraged it.  

She stood in line with me and my friends to purchase tickets to see him.

I knew fate (or the magic of Ticketmaster) would finally bring us together.

But the raging hormones of a love struck preteen are quite unpredictable. 

They can sometimes create havoc within a home and lead to some serious consequences.

And so I was grounded and devastated.

The tickets were sold and life went on...without him.

20 years later and I have a chance to see him.  

I am truly tempted.

Relive 1989.  

Tease my bangs and wear scrunchy socks.  

Maybe some frosted pink lipstick?

What do you think?  

Who wants to go?

Seriously, I have NEVER been to a concert in my life! 

It would be so fun!  

A second chance to relive a moment of my adolescence?  

And you can too!  Now who's going with me?!!?
nkotbfresno.JPG
Oh, and if you choose to be a party pooper, I might just come and decorate your yard...

WITH TOILET PAPER!!!

Welcome back 1989!

10 comments:

Tripp Family said...

Jen, they actually look pretty good still. I would go but I have to get up pretty early for work and I need my sleep but I'm up for toilet papering houses (lol)
Dolly

Laura Lee said...

Are you sure about that date/event? Ticketmaster says it is no longer on their calendar!

The Ball Family said...

LOL.. I actually went to their concert!! Those were the days! But, you can come and toilet paper my house...I dare you!

Moddybee said...

WE ARE GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen said...

According to the Fresno Bee and SaveMart Center website, tickets go on sale Saturday! Yeah Molly...now who else? Come on now!

buffyvandabailey said...

Maybe...just maybe. If only to see you swoon.

By the way, which one was your dream lover?

Jenn Kirk said...

How funny. Kaleene had actually brought this up today!

And yes, go get that sundae! (Just don't eat the nuts)

Kaleene Henn said...

I'm in

Ginny said...

Okay, now I'm really embarassed by how much older I am than you...I do also remember the NKOTB and was caught up in that craze, but, it was the Beehive class that I taught who couldn't stop talking about them on a sleepover at my house (and by the way I did take them to t.p. someone's house).

Anonymous said...

O...M...G (as in goodness)

mama jordan wouldn't let me have anything to do w/ them.i had to sneak a friends tape in the house and ugh, the things i would do for NKOTB