Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Clearing My Thoughts.

I am awake and I should be sleeping. Every time I think about going to bed, Sam lets out a whine or little cough (he's in his crib asleep). Lately he's been really clingy. Separation Anxiety? Teething? Tummy Ache from new foods? It's tough being a bitty baby! Being the last one to bed gives me some quiet time to think about my day. It was a normal day really: Cleaning, PTA, emails, feeding, taking a power walk. But this afternoon, I was in the car by myself with the radio on. It was about 10 minutes spent listening to static before I came back down to earth and thought, "Huh? What am I listening to?" The funny thing is, is that I wasn't listening to anything. It made me think of all the static in my life. I thought of being here today. What am I doing right now? Am I even present or am I just kind of tuned out? This again was clear when I tuned out while Max was doing his 25 minutes of reading for homework. He asked me a question and I was there, but I wasn't. So, here's what I get out of this: Every once in awhile we get a chance to put things in perspective. Today was mine.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

I love that question, "what is the static in my life?" It's so worth taking a moment to truly think about that. Very true too. I think we all have moments where we are there but not there at the same time. I know somedays I feel like I gave maybe 70% and others are a good 95% I'm never sure that I give a full 100%.

The Sampietro's said...

So true! It makes me sleepy.
Can't wait until saturday!! I just got off the phone with Erica. she makes me laugh. We want to start a craft group, we want you to come. I'll talk to you later about it.