Friday, April 4, 2008

Use Your Head.



After a month of trying, Sam finally rolled over! I think it would have been sooner if it weren't for his head. I thought his arm was getting in the way, but as Grandma pointed out during Easter...it's was his head, he couldn't lift it. At Sam's 4 month check up, his Doctor confirmed what we already knew...he is beautiful and growing perfectly! She said his weight and height put him at the 50th percentile (oh, could someone explain this to me? I probably should understand this, I've just never taken the time to figure it out). She also commented on his head, I guess it is considered large for his age and weight.

Leon says Sam has my head. He also says my head is shaped somewhat like a Pterodactyl's (as in flying dinosaur). Nice. I still say Sam looks a lot more like Leon...


What do you think?

10 comments:

jonelle said...

50th percentile means that if you take 100 children Sam's exact age, 50 will be shorter/smaller than Sam and 50 will be taller/larger than Sam. He is average height and weight.

jonelle said...

P.S. Sam looks so cute and very much like Leon.

Jen said...

Thanks Jonelle!!! I knew I could count on you! Love you!

Raeanna said...

I think there are some definite similarities between Leon and Sam! His adorable!

Tam said...

All I know about the % chart is that my kids are never on it. When it comes to Woolsey children my kids are on the other side - meaning they are small.

K has always been about 5% and J is right around 25% (but his head is also alot higher on the chart). K's new doctor even asked us the last time if we were concerned about her growth. No we are not - she is just small!!!

Piano Mom said...

I think the percentile chart is wrong. According to the chart Spencer has never even made it to the first percentile. He's small, but not that small :) Sam is adorable and I think he looks like Leon.

Jeanette and Dave said...

I vote that Sam looks a lot like Leon.

Ginny said...

Sam is just like Alex was - he had to master the neck and head control before he could roll over -but once he did - watch out! He actually started walking at 10mos. I agree - Sam does look like Leon. The guys always take credit for whatever the kids do that is smart, cute, advanced - and decide when there is some trait that may not be too positive - it has to be from mom's side of the family.

Eliza said...

Sam is a total mini Leon. I think that someone *caugh* Leon *caugh* owes you an appology for the Pterodactyl comment. Last time I checked that wasn't a compliment.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sam!!Sam has nothing on his cousin Mike. Mike's head was much larger, but then again Mike was larger at birth too! Don't worry about the percentile. Bryan was always under, Mike always over, and they continued to grow at an even rate.