Friday, May 9, 2008

57 Varieties of...Germs?



We are not big fast food eaters. Don't get me wrong, I am a fast food junkie at heart but can't live with the guilt of eating it regularly. You will rarely (probably never) see me turn down a float from A&W or a burger from In N Out...yummmmm! Anyway, tonight as Max and Leon were leaving for their annual Father-Son Camp Out, Max said, "Don't party while were gone!"

This was hilarious to me because the extent of me "partying" would be driving thru and having a fast food frenzy. And so I did. But, as I was being handed my bag of treats I was asked, "Would you like ketchup with your fries?" Of course I did and so he grabbed a handful and tossed them into the bag. I am always somewhat grossed out by this and I am sure it's ridiculous. For some reason I don't trust that the cashiers hands are as clean as the person making my food and hate that those packets are now on my "clean" fries. Is this silly? I SERIOUSLY think of this EVERY TIME, I can't help it.

6 comments:

Laura Lee said...

That's funny! I bet you get more germs and stuff on your hands shopping! Especially if you use a cart! hahaha I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy the fries guilt free!

Jen said...

Yes Laura Lee, and that would be another issue with me...shopping carts!!!!

Eliza said...

I have never even thought of that... wow another thing to worry about. You already know not to ask for lemon in your water don't you? Just youtube it and you will see some disturbing fotage.

Rosalyn said...

I will never ask for ketchup again!!!

steveandjonelle said...

I have become a germ freak since becoming a nurse. I totally sympathize. Although I would still be digging into the fries, I would have similar thoughts.

Ginny said...

It sounds like you and I like to do the same thing when the guys are away! I treated myself to In-n-Out when Dave and the little boys left Friday morning. I do have to admit, I never get the ketchup - but just because I don't like the mess - I have never thought about the germs. My motto is "what you don't know can't kill you!" in this situation.