Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What's Your Motto?



The other day I was driving with Max and he asked me if I have a motto. There are a couple of things I live by... #1 When you know better, do better #2 It's always harder to do the right thing

Max is a very literal person and very much a deep thinker. I love that he thinks about things with thoughtfulness, like creating a motto. We then discussed how to create a motto (talk about brain stretching). I asked him what was important to him. He quickly answered, HONESTY. I asked him why this is important to him. This created a lot of thought and great discussion. In the end this is his motto:

You Always Go Further With Honesty

So, there you have it. Awesome.

*Side note: Leon was asked the same question the next day by Max. TOTALLY different conversation! We later told Leon that cartoon sayings don't count for a motto..."Knowing is half the battle" But thank you anyway, G.I. JOE!

3 comments:

Eliza said...

He reminds me so much of my little Jake. I love these special little boys!! They sure do make us proud don't they?

Rosalyn said...

I can't wait until my conversations with my kids get beyond "but why???" I think it is great that he is making you think.

Jeanette and Dave said...

Max is awesome!