Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Case of Mistaken Identity.

Tuesday, June 9th

PART ONE: 11:45 am

It was a lovely day. 80 degrees. Blue skies. Slight breeze. A perfect day at the park.

I was holding Sam on my hip while I pushed my friend Molly's little girl (who Sam and I equally adore) on the swings.

Suddenly (and I mean SUDDENLY), I was approached by a late teenaged girl who was mistaking me for her "Aunt Maria".

When I say approached, I really mean she ran to me and embraced me. Her embrace then became a bear hug as she mumbled "Aunt Maria, Aunt Maria, I love you."

Her caretaker rushed over just quickly and apologized several times while trying to pry, yes PRY her hands from my body. All while the girl began pecking my neck with kisses.

The caretaker immediately instructed me to tell her that I was not in fact Aunt Maria and so I did...several times. I told her I was Jennifer and not Maria and she then told me how much she loved me, all while continuing to hold me. It was at this point I became concerned because I still had Sam on my hip and so I called out to Molly to come help me...but she must have not heard me or was in shock because
she continued to sit!

side note: I truly believe that Molly would have come running if she realized the death grip that this girl had on me. I still believe her when she said she was in shock...we are still friends...and I will continue to adore her kids and put my life in danger for her if needs be.

So it wasn't long before the caretaker untangled the girls arms from my torso and I told her as she pleaded to stay with me that I would see her later. She insisted on knowing when and I said later in the day. Luckily, that was good enough for her and she went onto to her picnic under the arbor.

I then returned to my friends and out of politeness, we inconspicuously began laughing. Hysterically. Molly then praised me for my calmness and Chris who all the while nursing her baby, called me an angel. As for the rest of my day, I have been repeatedly humming the tune "How do you solve a problem like Maria" from the Sound of Music...go figure!


Stay tuned for PART TWO of my day...oh, yes there's more!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

k, i was laughing at this story til i realized you were w/ MY CHRIS! no hanging out w/ my sisters w/o me.

Anonymous said...

k, i just called chris, she could barely tell me the story w/o laughing SOOOO hard!

Auntie said...

I always know you had a magnetic personality!! I’m glad she had a caretaker with her. What is part 2?

The Sampietro's said...

Im LAUGHING!! She was VIOLATING you! It was CRAZY and HILARIOUS!!!! I love you girl. Next time I will be more aware and not so amused of the girl making out with your NECK. Im almost weting my pants thinking about it!