Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tuesday PART TWO.

Tuesday, June 9 

PART TWO: 12:15pm

While at the park, Molly invites us to play at her house for the afternoon.  We agree that Max will ride with her as I will need to make a stop at home for Sam's much needed blanket.

We then decide I should definitely stop by Target and pick up two large fountain diet cokes for us girls...50 cents each (what a bargain).  One dollar and 9 cents later, Sam and I were all filled up and on our way out the double doors. 

I don't mean to boast, but if there is one thing I can master, it is pushing a baby in a cart while holding a beverage. 

My self confidence was tested however as I decided to nestle the second soda inside the cart (in the corner, for support) while maneuvering my way to the car.  What I completely neglected was the pad of metal speed bumps...the cup was quickly emptied all over the asphalt!

I went inside for a refill, fearing I looked gluttonous.  What kind of person buys two sodas...and then immediately comes back for a refill...at Target?  Pride aside, I had a friend counting on me.

It didn't take long and I was on my way home for the blanket. Remember?  Okay. 

As I walk into the house I smell smoke.  I see smoke.  I am choking on smoke.

I frantically run through the house to find...NOTHING! 

Puzzled, I go to the kitchen one more time and open the oven.  I find this:

Our busy little Sam, who loves buttons, must have pushed the "Clean" button before we left for the park. Oh, my little helper! The biggest disappointment:  my secret cupcake hiding spot has been revealed.

Luckily, there wasn't a fire.  Luckily, it is still 80 degrees and I can air out the house.  I just look forward to the day I stop smelling like a camp fire.  


3 comments:

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Oh my goodness, what a day! Thank goodness there wasn't a fire. Phew.

Clark, Jolie and Avery said...

Oh, Jen! What a day you had! Glad everyone is okay and the house is okay.

Maggie said...

WOW!!! What a day!!! I'm glad nothing was on fire and that you survived the death grip. I am still laughing at "How do you solve a problem like Maria" and will now be singing that song in my head for the rest of the day. Thanks! :-)