Wednesday, June 3, 2009

From The Secret Vault.

So much has been going on around here in the last 2 MONTHS!

Seriously, two months...sheesh!

So, after digging through all of my unfinished blog entries I found this one.

Mothers Day weekend was shared with my favorite mothers.  My mom and I drove up to see Grandma and picked up Auntie on the way to join in on the fun!  A weekend of just us girls, it was perfect. 

We filled our weekend with shopping, eating and talking!

We went to Petaluma, enjoying a bit of antique shopping.  Among our findings was a potty training seat that was identical to the one Grandma used with her kids!  Having boys, I especially loved the creative duck "shield"!



In Sonoma, we found this bread tray made from a wine barrel...very rustic and resourceful. I love it!  I want it, but am thinking of making one myself.  Or bribing one of my uncles to make one for me!!  It would mean that much more to me having it handmade.  wink. wink.



Topping it all off was the wonderful food we ate!  Of all of the places, I enjoyed Buchon Bakery the most.  I gained 5 pounds just looking at all of the delicious pastries and let me just confirm it was so worth it!


Grandma had a muffin with a crumble topping that tempted me.
But not as much as this little cutie!  Yes, that is cream cheese on this danish.  Flaky and perfectly sweetened.  Perfect.  I must find out how to make these seeing as my visits to Yountville are not nearly as often as I'd like and now need.

We then took a stroll by The Bardessono and enjoyed Lucy's Garden, sweetly named after my Great Grandma.  

I felt inspired.


It was a lovely getaway and I could have never done it without my wonderful husband who only flinched a little bit when presented with the idea.  I only had one request before I left...

Me:  Please be nice to the boys while I am gone.  Have fun!

Leon:  We will.

Me: On second thought...don't be too nice.  I want them to miss me and love me more when I come home.


Not only did I come home to happy boys, but boys with freshly trimmed hair and clean clothes! 
They presented me with this display of freshly cut flowers and handmade cards, as well as local strawberries and dinner.  
I am really grateful to have encouraging women in my life.  They help me and inspire me to be my best.  Who couldn't use a little bit of that now and again?!!? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you! It was a great weekend with special people!!!! G.

Auntie said...

I had such a great time!! It was like the "old Days" when we lived close and could do it all the time. You are just as fun (well maybe a little bit more so now)and you insprire me too! I showed Uncle Pete your picture and he said 'Oh yeah. I get it. I could do that. We will see. . . . XOXOX

Jessica Hughes said...

I'm so glad you got a weekend away for some girl time.I hope to do the same too.

Jeanette and Dave said...

So glad you updated your blog ... finally! Your weekend with the "girls" sounds wonderfully fun.