Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Purple Passion.


It's summertime and my blender is buzzing.

Smoothies are one way for my family to get in the proper amount of servings of fruits and vegetables. 

Yep, I said vegetables!  Here is our favorite...

2 cups packed, freshly rinsed spinach leaves 
2 cups frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
1-2 cups cold water
1 banana

Blend spinach, berries and 1  cup of water until smooth.  Add more water if needed. Finally, add a banana and blend again.  

This will make 2 large smoothies.

Thursday night is "Salads and Smoothies" Night at Molly's and I can't wait to see what my talented lady friends whip up!

I'll be bringing this!  


2 comments:

Cyndy and George said...

Yummy! I can't wait!

Auntie said...

Souds yummy!! Let me know what other goodies you come across!