Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Magic of Giving.



Waiting in long lines is never an annoyance to me, even during the holidays. You see, I always come prepared for such occasions by chatting with those around me.  This social chatter was once considered a disturbance and I often (very often) wound up in trouble because of it.  But now I see it as a gift.  I love the chance to get a glimpse into the lives of others, even if it's for a magical second.  


What I truly know is that everybody has a story!


This holiday season, HP has some magic of their own and has chosen Moosh in Indy to give away a technology package worth $6,000.  One of the rules (keeping in line with the spirit of a true giveaway) is to share the winnings!  


Because of the gigantism of this gift, I have been stewing over who I would choose to hold my hand to the winners circle.  Here's what I've come up with... 


If chosen, I will throw a dart at a map of towns within a 20 mile radius (as shown above) and then using a phone book flowing with names of town residents, randomly open it, point to a name and WHAMMO!  I will contact this unsuspecting person to tell them this amazing news (as it will truly be amazing and shocking)!  


And really is being chosen randomly really random after all?  It isn't by chance that things happen to any of us... 


Imagine what their story could be.


Imagine the element of surprise.


Imagine the magic!
 

2 comments:

Laura Lee said...

I think that would be a good way to door knock ditch a family a little Christmas basket! Great idea!

Jessica Hughes said...

that would be great!