Sunday, March 2, 2008

Good Morning Sunshine!




Who wouldn't want to wake up to this? I was up late again and feeling extremely exhausted, yet this morning I was delighted to cozy up with these guys. I am definitely not the morning person in our family. I definitely feel most productive late at night, and I usually pay for it the next morning.


Leon...a quiet morning person, up and going and never complains (even when I've kept him up with one of my all nighter projects).
Seriously, I never hear him. That's love. Thanks honey!

Max...let the day begin, even if the sun isn't up! This kid always wakes up early even if he's had a late night (on the weekends only! Despite my bad habit, I'm really good at sticking to a decent bed time for my kids...8:30 sharp!!!)

Sam...lovey morning baby...all smiles, no crying, just a big gummy grin.

I have tried several times in my life to change my ways. I have heard over and over, "Early to bed, early to rise...blah...blah...blah". Seriously, I am recommitting to wake up before everyone...at least Max. I've asked Leon to help me, even though I'm sure he's rolling his eyes behind my back because we've been through this before.

I just don't want to be that friend that you know you CAN'T call before 9:00 (we all have one, I'm probably her). Speaking of friends, I have one who answers the phone "Good Morning!" I am secretly jealous of this because when I answer the phone I usually have to fake it. I purposely try to sound chipper to cover up the fact that I just woke up. I'm sure I'm not fooling anyone as well as I'd like to believe. So if anyone calls and I sound tired, it's because now I wake up at 6:00 and I am tired...not because you just woke me up!

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning...hopefully after the shock wears off, we can enjoy breakfast together. I'm cooking eggs.

4 comments:

Tam said...

I am with you on all parts. It is like we have the same family. I have moved Michael over to my side though. Most mornings are a game of chicken to see which parents flinches first. But our kids are two early risers. And they love mornings which just seems wrong!!

Jen said...

Tam, you're so funny! I have to admit I totally count on Leon to get up with Sam, because he will! When he doesn't, I'm like a spoiled child who cries in confusion (okay, not that bad...just REALLY bummed I'm getting out of my warm bed). It happens so rarely though (Sam waking up at night)...I really shouldn't complain.

Eliza said...

Jen I was just thinking of you the other day. I can't believe it. I found you!!!! I'm sorry to say I tend to delete emails without checking them first. I get too many junk ones. I will have to go back and look for it. I can't believe you are totally a mom with this beautiful family. I totally picture you looking about 20. Time sure flies. Email me again I want to keep in touch!!!

Eliza said...

Jen can I make a request for a picture of you and Leon I totally picture you the same I can't even remember what Leon looks like. Post a pic girl!!! It's been too long.