Saturday, March 1, 2008

That's My Boy!




Sam has a talent that apparently is genetic. It started with him sucking his thumb. Quite honestly, we find it adorable and as far as I'm concerned he can suck his thumb forever...okay maybe not forever. It's just so cute! In reality we all love his thumb sucking, because he thoroughly enjoys it and it lets us sleep all night! Who could complain? I know some might disapprove of my encouragement and I'll get an earful for saying this, but I was a "thumb sucker" and I turned out okay. I think I am emotionally stable enough.

Most recently we have observed that he really doesn't discriminate against any part of his hand. Most of the time he sucks his thumb, but sometimes it's a finger or two or three or four, but most recently he can't get enough of his whole fist.

So, the other morning I was taking some shots of Sam who was going to town on that little hand of his and after showing Leon and Max we decided to have a competition. "Who Can Fit Their Whole Fist In Their Mouth" is what we called it. Leon was up first and honestly, didn't stand a chance. It was actually pretty pathetic. Max was really close, almost to his knuckles. Unfortunately for him, I will not lose to anyone, including my 8 year old son. There is something about competitions that I become determined to win! The only person I will allow myself to gracefully lose to is my Grandma (who is quite the competitor). After inhaling my hand, I proudly earned the honor of winning our friendly family contest.

Yes, Sam takes after Mom. Hopefully he will take after me and share some of my more meaningful talents and attributes, time will tell. Without a doubt, he has Leon's easy going personality and good looks...but in this category he's definitely his mother's son!

1 comment:

Tam said...

Jen - This is so exciting. You are the second friend in three days that found me. I love it!!!

I can't wait to go through you blog and see what you have been up to. Your little boy is really cute.

We would love to catch up. Our email address is mikentam@comcast.net if you have time.