Thursday, March 6, 2008


Ten minutes before Max's Den Meeting today:

"Mom, have you seen my Cub Scout book?" he asks.

"No." I reply

But I did find:

One sock behind the pillows on the couch.

Two plastic golf balls under the couch.

A back scratcher under the seat cushion.

A "missing" shoe in the basket of blankets.

A bottle in the hamper.

A hat on the counter, on the table and the floor.

A burp cloth and set of scriptures on the entry bench.

A whole bunch of shoes by the front door.

Gum wrappers on the dining room table...

I could go on, but I bet you get the idea!

"Found it! It was right here." says Max pointing to his pile of recent drawings that have been taking over our dining table.

Tonight we will be busy cleaning...yes WE!

5 comments:

Eliza said...

hahahaha.... sounds like our house, but do you ever get the chance to step on a wet diaper that some mystery older kid decided to change for me and then hid in a corner? I suggest doing it with shoes on, without shoes on would just be gross.

Tam said...

Liza that is a little too gross!!

Jen - I know what you mean. I am always finding exactly what I am NOT looking for. Especially since we have moved. One of these days I will be organized. You know the day after all my kids have moved out!

Your husband looks so familiar to me. Is your family still in Bakersfield? I will have to show Michael his picture - maybe he can help me with my recognition

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love you, your home, and your completely NORMAL life

Raeanna said...

I always have to find things for Paul (well a lot of time) even if they are in the right place! We're coming to Visalia tomorrow and we hope to see you while we're there!

The Sampietro's said...

We loved the soup! YUMMY (i hate that word)Talk to you later girl!