Tuesday, March 18, 2008

SAHM ISO GOOD STRIPPER



A few weeks ago I was passing time in the cleaning section of Bed Bath and Beyond and came across Orange Glo Hardwood Cleaner and Polish. I remembered seeing it on an infomercial and immediately had to have it! It instantly made our floors nice and shiny and although it didn't smell like oranges, it made my house smell fresh and clean! Well today I decided to do some cleaning and got out my Microfiber mop and regular Bona Cleaner and mopped away. As I walked through the house to see my work I noticed a milky film and streaks throughout the floor....ugggh! All of that effort for nothing, so I mopped again and again and again...same result. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Exhausted and completely frustrated, I searched the internet and Googled "Orange Glo Ruined My Floor". I should have done this before I bought and applied this stuff because I found lots of others with awful results and a few suggestions:

#1 Strip Floor
#2 Replace Floor
#3 Small Claims Court
#4 Class Action Lawsuit
#5 Windex

Because I already have it, I tried Windex...so far it has worked, thanks to the Ammonia I am guessing. The process of removing this stuff cannot be done without me on my hands and knees with at least a million paper towels and no more than 8 inches of work space at a time!

While slaving away, I heard a knock at my door...I was hoping it was someone who was there to save the day, well I was close. It was a door to door salesman wearing a stylish khaki jumpsuit and carrying a small vacuum cleaner in one hand and briefcase in the other. Who knew anyone still sold things door to door! He asked if I had any need for household items today. "The only thing I need today is a good stripper", I said. I think I might have startled him a bit and so I explained the situation. Unfortunately for me he doesn't carry chemicals, but he gave me my choice of three gifts: a spatula, a small brush and this:


Lessons learned...#1 Stick with what you know already works #2 Be clear when talking to others about your needs.

5 comments:

Jodie and the boys said...

Too funny...and yet SO sad! I hope tomorrow is better!

Tam said...

Okay I am a little worried because last weekend we did the exact same thing with every wood floor in our house. I haven't noticed anything yet but I haven't really cleaned it again since then. Just sweeping and spot cleaning. Oh man - I will have to cross my fingers because I do not want to redo my floors!!!

Jen said...

I really hope you don't have my worries! I am still scrubbing away...our WHOLE HOUSE(except two bedrooms) HAS WOOD FLOORING!!!!! I wouldn't wish this on anyone, especially you! Talk about Spring Cleaning, it's ridiculous!

Anonymous said...

bahahah! please bless you don't have to do that ever again....

Anonymous said...

Your Dad said you had too much time on you hands when he saw the April Fools dinner. I thought it was very creative of you. I wish I could have seen Max's face when you cut into that cake, I can just hear him laughing. Max and Sam are sure lucky to have such a creative and fun Mom.

Mom