Monday, March 17, 2008

Unfit Mother

Since it's been 8 years since I've had a baby, I often refer to a few favorite websites for pointers and guidance. Friends are great too, but today I needed the Feeding Solids 101 (condensed version). Sam is 4 months old (technically in 2 days, reminded Max) and so I need to prepare myself for feeding him food. So what do I find instead? This title:

DO YOU STILL LOOK PREGNANT?

My answer...Depends on who your asking! Leon says I look great, such unconditional love! But if I were to tell people I was pregnant, they wouldn't exactly say they couldn't tell if you know what I mean! This reminded me of the time after I had Max and was at the mall shopping for an outfit for church. I was asked by a salesclerk, "Can I help you find something?" Mistake #1...I said yes. I told her I was looking for an outfit to wear to church for my baby's blessing day. Her response, "So, when is your baby due?" WHAT????? I thanked her for her help and headed over to Old Navy to pick up a trusty v-neck sweater to throw on with my good ol' black maternity skirt and pair of control top tights! Later that night I found myself sulking over a bowl of ice cream crying to Leon about her "honest" mistake.

So back to my current situation. Yesterday, a newly made friend asked me, "Do you run?" "Not unless I have to" I said. Sad, I know. I now realize, it's officially time to do something. So this morning I am motivated to get out there and put some serious miles on the jogging stroller (thanks again Auntie!) Sam loves the outdoors and Max loves to race me with his bike, so no excuses right?

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jeanette and Dave said...

Good luck with your running - walking is good exercise too!

Eliza said...

You will have to let me know how the running thing works for you. I HATE to run. I will speed walk for miles but running doesn't look good on me.



I tried to call you on Sat... I'm guessing you got the message? Sorry I missed you guys.

Amber, Dan, and Fam said...

Yay Jen, your blog! Glad I found it. :) You look great. I don't think you look preggers. You are such a beauty, no matter how fit you are. And hey I don't have your excuse of just having a baby. I really need to get motivated and start exercising again. Never running though, I hate running. Dancing on the other hand, now I can do that. ;p Love ya!